Friday, June 29, 2007

Postfix Generic senders address mapping

If you have a postfix server and you want to rewrite the senders address, you can add in the main.cf file the following:

smtp_generic_maps = hash:/etc/postfix/generic

# and in the generic file, add the following:

user@domain.com newuser@domain.com (where the user is the name of your accounts.)

any changes to the generic file, you need to rerun the postmap command:

postmap /etc/postfix/generic

then

postfix reload

To test this type:
postmap -q user@domain.com /etc/postfix/generic

you should see the new address you specified.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Hi There,

I genuinely do look forward for the time where you post some new write ups. Your blog makes me feel so educated! Continue soaring and writing please.

I just became a member of the Linux Foundation, payed my fees, got my @linux.com email etc... And then I realize that the email is just a vanity email, that I can't actually REPLY from @linux.com... Is that right?
The /boot/ directory contains static files required to boot the system, such as the Linux kernel, boot loader configuration files. These files are essential for the system to boot properly.
But great job man, do keep posted with the new updates.

Thank you,
Kevin